Howard W. Hunter and Mormon Studies at CGU
“President Hunter always wanted us to talk with those beyond our own circle. To communicate first and foremost in our language of faith, but wherever possible, to add the language of scholarship which would expand our circle of influence even farther.” Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
All donations to the Howard W. Hunter Foundation that supports Claremont Mormon Studies are tax deductible. The Howard W. Hunter Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, tax-exempt organization with no paid staff. 100% of the donation proceeds provide scholarships and support for Claremont Mormon Studies students under the direction of the Howard W. Hunter Chair of Mormon Studies.
New Issue of Newsletter
Spring 2013 Issue
This issue features articles about the past year at CGU Mormon Studies.
- Thoughts from the Hunter Chair, by Patrick Mason
- Perfecting Mormons and Mormon Studies at Claremont, by Steve Bradford
- Mormon Women Oral Histories Now Archived at Honnold-Mudd Library, by Lisa Clayton
- "Martyrs and Villains," by Chase Kirkham
- "Reminiscence at the Culmination of Coursework," by Taunalyn Rutherford
This issue also includes updates on new students and student contributions. It is now available for download and print.